Mangcao is a common herb. After extraction, it can be made into shikimic acid, which has very high clinical medicinal value. So, what is the effect of shikimic acid?
Shikimic acid has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, and shikimic acid can also be used as an antiviral and anticancer drug intermediate. By affecting the metabolism of arachidonic acid, shikimic acid inhibits platelet aggregation, inhibits the formation of arterial and venous thrombosis and cerebral thrombosis, and has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. It can also be used as an anti-viral and anti-cancer drug intermediate. This product is mostly used as a pharmaceutical intermediate, which is irritating and should not be used directly.
Mangcao is also known as Miscanthus, Shigui, Honggui, Chuncao, Ratman, Poisonous Star Anise, Yefen, Mangcao, Eastern Poisonous Fennel, Second Anise, Fake Fennel, Big Poisonous Fennel, etc. This product is a plant of the Magnoliaceae and the genus Illicium. The leaves and fruits of Mangcao contain volatile oil, and the seeds and fruits contain toxic ingredients. It has the effects of dispelling wind and collaterals, reducing swelling and relieving pain.
The main points of treatment for mangcao poisoning are:
1. Those who are poisoned by accidental eating should immediately induce vomiting, gastric lavage, and catharsis. 0.5% medicinal charcoal suspension can be used to lavage the stomach, and then infuse 50-100ml of 2% sodium bicarbonate solution into the stomach.
2. Rehydration, give 5% glucose saline intravenous infusion, promote the excretion of poisons, and maintain the balance of water and electrolytes and acid-base balance.
3. Subcutaneous injection of 0.5--1 mg of atropine can relieve symptoms such as abdominal pain.
4. When convulsions or convulsions occur, sedative drugs such as diazepam and chloral hydrate can be given.
5. Inhale oxygen, administer stimulants to the respiratory center, and artificial respiration if necessary to maintain respiratory function.
6. Other: symptomatic and supportive treatment.
Because the traditional Chinese medicine Mangcao is a commonly used drug in clinical practice, although it has a good effect and a wide range of applications, it cannot be abused or used indiscriminately. It is recommended to take it under the guidance of a doctor.
If you have questions or suggestions, please leave us a message, your inquiry will be replied within 12 hours.Send